Honda's K20C1, better known as the engine powering the venerable Civic Type-R, is a powerful turbocharged 2.0L engine that for years has only been available as a crate engine for professional race teams. For years, Honda racing enthusiasts and fans have watched as the turbocharged K20C1 engine served as a staple in the HPD lineup of racing vehicles; powering HPD’s Type R TC and Type R TCR race cars as well as the successful F4 U.S. Championship and FR Americas Championship series.
Now, for the first time, any driver who dreams of victory can experience the adrenaline and belonging that powers Honda on the track with their very own HPD Crate Engine Package, specifically designed for easy, affordable, and reliable swap applications.
Each crate engine will come with an engine long block, alternator, turbocharger, and starter motor. Included within the optional Controls Package will be an HPD-developed ECU, engine swap harness, and accelerator pedal. Developed with ease-of-use in mind, the HPD ECU will be pre-tuned for convenient installation into a wide range of vehicles designated for off-highway applications, providing customers with HPD’s proven reliability and enhanced performance in their own racing vehicles.
The K20C1 crate engine is intended for the professional system integrator with design, fabrication, and performance tuning resources available. As an authorized Honda Performance Development Dealer, ScienceofSpeed offers technical support for customers and intends to offer an optional turn-key retrofit package for the Honda S2000 in the near future.
- Honda K20C1 is now available in limited quantities.
- Please call for availability before placing order online.
- Delivery is by freight and will be collected separately. Typical freight costs: $185-240 to the continental USA. Residential surcharge ($40.00) and lift gate ($40.00) not included.
This product is designed and intended for Racing Competition Only:
- This product is not designed or intended for pollution-controlled vehicles. In the United States, the use of this product is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency under the Clean Air Act. Use of this product must be used in accordance with the Clean Air Act, and any other Federal, State, or Local mandated regulations. The use of this product must only be used on a vehicle in sanctioned competition events and may not be used on public roads, streets, or highways. A Vehicle Compliance Waiver is required for all products marked "Racing Competition Only". This product replaces the factory ECU, so the factory OBD system is no longer functional.
- No warranty: Honda Performance Development parts are sold "as is" without warranty of any kind. Customer understands and agrees that competitive race car driving is an inherently dangerous activity and that it is Customer’s sole responsibility to determine whether the HPD Parts are appropriate for use in Customer’s race car and under the racing conditions to which they will be subjected and if and when such HPD Parts should be maintained, repaired, and/or replaced.
- Completed Sale Terms & Conditions form required for purchase.