Check out our blog post explaining the issue, here.
A common problem with older NSXes is the stereo amplifiers failing. Typical symptoms include no audio from the speakers, popping, or squealing. We replace the defective circuitry with new upgraded components and test and verify each function on a test bench that replicates the factory stereo system.
We offer the repair via three methods:
- customer supplied amplifier: send us your amplifier (or amplifiers) as shown in the photo. We will inspect, repair, test, and return your unit back within about 2-3 weeks of receipt.
- core exchange: we send you a repaired stereo amplifier or ampliers, then you send your original back to us within 30 days of receipt. Our exchange program allows for no downtime of your car. A refundable core charge will be charged (see "ScienceofSpeed Core Exchange Program" below).
ScienceofSpeed Core Exchange Program:
ScienceofSpeed offers a free core exchange program for this product. You will be charged a refundable deposit on check out. Once you receive the product, return your core to ScienceofSpeed within 30 days from the date of receipt for a refund. For full details, please click here.
- In some cases, the stereo amplifier may be severely damaged beyond repair. In this case, the core charge is non-refundable. If you wish to avoid this chance, we recommend sending your unit to us rather than using our core exchange program. If your cores are not rebuildable, we will let you know. Check out our blog post explaining the issue.
- Each unit is tested completely before shipping using a test bench ensuring that the stereo amplifier is working properly after repair. Please note that similar symptoms can also occur from other parts in the vehicle failing, including the stereo head unit.
- Other companies use non-NSX stereo amplifiers. Inspect your amplifiers to see if they have NSX part numbers. The NSX part numbers are 2205 for the door amp, and 2206 on the subwoofer amp. This can be found printed in the white square on the board itself.