The StopTech Big Brake System is a system designed around the NSX unique weight distribution. The system is based around 13" discs and calipers that have been specially designed to have different piston sizes to allow proper balancing on the NSX.
The brake system is available as a front and rear kit. The rear kit replaces the factory e-brake with a new e-brake designed by StopTech. The "Race Only" rear brake kit does not include this e-brake. All systems include all hardware required to allow a bolt-in installation.
StopTech Trophy Brake Kit:
StopTech's latest racetrack and competition brake system comes with the new Trophy STR lightweight forged calipers based on the StopTech ST-40 caliper. STR calipers feature the same metallurgy and design, but are engineered to provide a 20-percent reduction in weight without sacrificing stiffness or performance.
The Trophy brake systems feature durable hard anodized (a dark silver finish as shown) caliper bodies and rotor hats.
The standard Trophy Sport system sold includes anti-rattle hardware for the calipers and rotors and include the standard Stoptech Sport brake pad set. A "race only" system is available by special order, which does not have any anti-rattle hardware and does not include pads (however, the pricing is the same).
- StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads: These are the supplied brake pad with all StopTech brake kits (with the exception of race kits). StopTech Street Performance brake Pads are engineered to meet the demands of high performance driving while maintaining the refinement and comfort expected in everyday driving conditions. StopTech brake pads combine the benefits of premium street brake pads with aggressive friction formulas suitable for light track day and autocross use. Para-aramid composites are specially formulated to provide linear response at both cold and hot temperatures, delivering optimum stopping performance over a wide range of driving conditions.
- Optional high performance brake pads are sold here.
Wheel Fitment Instructions:
You can determine the fitment of the StopTech brakes using the supplied drawings. Simply follow instructions (click for more detail).
Wheel combinations that clear StopTech brakes for NSX:
- Advan RS, RZ, RS-D, and RG-D front: 17 or 18 x 8.0+37, rear 18 or 19 x 10.0+35
- Volk Racing CE28N front: 17x8.0+38, rear 18x9.5+36
- Advan Model T5 front: 17x8.0+38, rear: 18x10.0+42
- factory Honda 2002-2005 wheels require 15mm spacer front, 25mm spacer rear
Would you like to add a testing combination? Please e-mail us!
Please note: Due to the number of options of this system (caliper colors, brake disc options, etc) and wheel clearance requirements - we suggest that you call in to complete your order.